Sunday 17 January 2010

First Post - Resolutions

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting.

New Year Resolutions.

Why does the resolve seem to fade as the freedom of the holiday season gives way to day to day normality? With all that deep snow outside it seemed as if the holiday feeling extended at least a week longer than usual which gave me some time to think about which resolutions were worth persevering with.

I have been wanting to start a blog of my own and this seemed a good time to do it. Now that the snow has cleared it is time for a brisk walk by the sea and back to my desk to get started.



This New Year there was that amazing feeling of handing over a finished book and clearing the floor (sometimes literally), before getting settled into another story. The book in question at the end of the year was DEAD BOY TALKING - my new YA novel , which is due for publication in May 2010 (more about that soon).



I am really keen to see what kind of cover it will have. The publishers Strident Publishing produced such a great cover for SPIDER.




My other resolution this year was -
The usual plea to myself to make sure I get out to 'Tuscany' (my shed) to write every day.
I love 'Tuscany' but sometimes I can't quite make it across the garden and away from the emails etc that come in on my main desk computer. I have a rule that I do not connect to the internet when I am in Tuscany so I cannot read emails, check websites or blogs. It is writing time. Amazingly it really works and I can focus completely on writing when I am there - but that is only when I make it across the grass.

We'll see what happens...

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new blog/resolution, Linda! What a great idea, to call your shed Tuscany. I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne. I like to think I am far away from everything when I am out there and where better than in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this blog, Linda. I'll visit often. Your Tuscany looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you Linda! I can't wait to read "Dead Boy Talking".
    Hope to see you this year. Best wishes,
    Hazel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adele
    It was lovely to get out there this morning, once I gave it a bit of a spring clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new blog Linda, and on finishing the book! You are way ahead of me - I also resolved to start a blog this year, but no sign yet... I need a Tuscany. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel hope to catch up with you soon.

    Gillian, yes get one if you can, but being even further north than me you will need thermals as well as a heater!

    ReplyDelete